Intro to XMOS Multicore Microcontrollers
XMOS has an interesting line of multicore (from 6 to 16 logical cores). The XMOS XCore architecture combines parallel processing, 64-bit DSP functions, deterministic operation, and the ability to implement software-defined peripherals and interfaces. All students will receive an XMOS StartKit Development Kit to keep after attending the class!
A 2 hour introduction to the XMOS multicore microcontrollers. We will cover:
- Intro to the XCore architecture
- Intro to the XMOS development and programming tools
- How to use the XMOS StartKit
- Programming parallel tasks with the XC programming language
- Communicating between threads
- Accessing I/O ports
The Instructor is:
Electrical Engineer with experience with multiple different microcontroller architectures.
The instruction will take place in the Classroom @ PaxSpace Inc
- No specific prerequisites are required
- Basic C/C++ programming knowledge is a plus but not mandatory
- Basic electronics knowledge is also a plus
Equipment and Supplies
- An XMOS StartKit will be provided to each student
- PaxSpace and/or student owned computers will be used for programming exercises
- XMOS development tools are multi platform (Linux, Windows, OSX), so bring your own laptop if you want to get the tools setup.
- Members: Free
- Non Members: $8
Interested in this class but don't see one scheduled? Please click here and tell us to schedule one!