PCB Design and Printing
This class will introduce the student to the concept and practice of do it yourself design and building of Printed Circuit Boards. This class will be taught in two parts the first part will be design and the second manufacturing.
This class is mainly geared towards people familiar with breadboarding and electronics who are looking to make their projects more permanent. The course is meant to be a crash course to get you started as there is much to learn in both areas. The first part of the course can be taught with one of two software choices. The first of which is EAGLE and the second KICAD. Here the participants will design a basic circuit consisting of through hole components. The second part of the class will be actually printing and etching your board. At the end of the class you will have made your own PCB that is ready for components.
The instructors for this class are:
Zach has been designing and creating integrated circuits and printed circuit boards throughout college and in his free time.
The instruction will take place in the classroom and electronics space at PaxSpace.
- No previous knowledge or experience required but is preferred
- The student must be a high school student or older
- The student may be a middle school student with parent present
- The general PaxSpace Waiver must be signed and on file
Equipment and Supplies
- Copper Clad Board
- Heat Transfer Paper
- Laptops with Kicad or Eagle
- Members: $10 (for materials)
- Non Members: $20 ($10 non-member fee plus $10 for materials)
After registering you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to pay for this class.
Interested in this class but don't see one scheduled? Please click here and tell us to schedule one!